BY USING THE SITE YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ALL THE FOLLOWING TERMS DO NOT ACCESS AND/OR USE THE SITE.
THINKSCOTLAND MAY CHANGE THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME BY POSTING CHANGES ONLINE. PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS REGULARLY TO ENSURE YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AFTER CHANGES ARE POSTED MEANS YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE CHANGED TERMS.
Use of the Site
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Site or any of its content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any the Site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of content requires the prior written permission of ThinkScotland.
- ThinkScotland operates the Site from Edinburgh, Scotland, and makes no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United Kingdom.
- ThinkScotlandregularly scans and disinfects its computer systems but this is no guarantee that use of the Site is safe. You must ensure that you have adequate anti-virus, firewall and security software installed on your computer each time you access and/or use the Site.
- You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of anyone else, and does not restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Site.
- ThinkScotland will attempt to remove any inaccurate, malicious, defamatory or offensive material ("Offensive Material") from the Site as soon as it is brought to its notice. You agree that you will have no claim or right of action against ThinkScotland as publishers of the Site in respect of Offensive Material concerning you or your organisation provided ThinkScotland remove such Offensive Material within 7 working days after you bring the Offensive Material to the notice of ThinkScotland.
Registering an account
- To register an account on the Site you must be over eighteen years of age.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform ThinkScotland immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that ThinkScotland can communicate with you effectively.
- When you register to use the Site you will be asked to create a password. In order to prevent fraud, you must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify ThinkScotland immediately.
- If ThinkScotland has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Site, ThinkScotland may require you to change your password or ThinkScotland may suspend your account.
- ThinkScotland may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at its reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms.
- You can cancel your registration at any time by informing ThinkScotland in writing. If you do so, you must stop using the Site.
Contributions to the Site
- The views expressed in the Site forums are those of members of the public and are not those of ThinkScotland unless ThinkScotland expressly state otherwise.
- Where you submit a contribution to the Site (including any text, photographs or graphics) you agree to grant ThinkScotland a perpetual, royalty free, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, make available to the public, and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed, and for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution.
- In submitting a contribution, you are warranting that it is your own original contribution, it is not defamatory, it is not Offensive Material and it does not infringe the rights of anyone else or any law.
- The Site Administrator reserves the right to withhold or delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason and without being obliged to state its reasons or otherwise justify any action it takes. This wide discretion is necessary to enable a forum of this type to be operated for the benefit of contributors as a whole.
You agree to use the Site (and the forums if you have registered an account) in accordance with the following house rules:
Content of contributions
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, ageist, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts
- No spamming or off-topic material: don't submit the same or very similar contributions many times; don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas
- No advertising
- Submit your contribution in English
- No impersonation
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names
When participating in a forum, never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and do not include postal addresses of any kind.
About the law
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to the Site. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio. Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights
The Site and its contents are for general information only and are provided "as is". ThinkScotland makes no warranties, representations or undertakings ("representations") about:
- any of the content of the Site (including, without limitation, any representations as to the quality, accuracy, veracity, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content)
- any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Site
ThinkScotland does not warrant that functions contained in the Site content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses, worms or bugs.
ThinkScotland accept no liability for any claims, penalties, loss, damages or expenses resulting in any way whatsoever from:
- any reliance placed on the content of the Site;
- the use or inability to use the Site;
- the downloading of any materials from the Site; or
- any unauthorised access to or alteration to the Site.
- The Site (including all text, artwork and the technical bits that make it work) is protected by copyright. The copyright is owned by ThinkScotland or is used under licence by ThinkScotland.
- All names, logos and marks appearing in this Site, unless otherwise stated, are trademarks owned or used under licence by ThinkScotland.
- All other rights which are not specifically granted by ThinkScotland are fully reserved.
You may contact ThinkScotland at: email@example.com.
These Terms are governed by Scottish law and any dispute or matter arising out of these Terms or the access and/or use of the Site will be dealt with by the Scottish Courts.